So about 6 months ago I was tagged by Crystal to do a blog post with 6 random things about me! I did this after being tagged by 3 people on Facebook and figured I would let it count for double!
1. I considered not doing this, but I feel like a challenge!
2. I can't think of anything to write now, but I thought of lots of things while I was folding my laundry!
3. I think Steve is the bees knees! And I love being married to him!
4. I'm pretty sure that I have the two funniest children alive. There is never a dull moment at our house!
5. I've ridden an ostrich, but not very well!
6. Blue has always been my favorite color, but I currently think that yellow is rather cheery--not a color that I've ever worn though, don't think that it looks good on me!
7. I come from a family of 7 kids (6 girls, 1 boy), and I would like a family of six kids (guess that would make us a family of eight!) I have yet to convince Steve that six is a good idea. He currently holds the number at four. We're cooking #3 so we have time yet!
8. I love adventure, especially when I feel totally out of my element for the first little bit--it always turns out fun and I love having a new experience under my belt. I have to admit that has changed some since I've had children. Not so fun to be out of your element and feel responsible for others at the same time.
9. I'm terrible at lying, but I can embellish the truth with ease at times!
10. One of my favorite adventures was travelling to Australia with Steve. We had no idea where we were staying when we got there! There was also scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef and skydiving in Harvey Bay!
11. I was crushed that the only BLIZZARD to occur in the 7 years I lived in Denver happened while I was in Australia! I would love to live in a snowy place again, and get snowed in to my house for a few days!
12. My first big adventure was travelling to visit my grandparents in South Africa on their mission. We got to see Victoria Falls, and drove the garden route from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town. Flying overseas for 14.5 hours ALONE was a big adventure when I was 18! (That is where I rode the ostrich!)
13. Like my dear friend Lori, I too wonder if blogs and FB connect or disconnect us?
14. I love food! Especially when someone else makes it and cleans up. Ok, that is only true when I"m not pregnant (the clean up part is ALWAYS true). I love to cook and bake, as well.
15. Some of my favorites are sushi, orange chicken, tamales, salads, homemade cookies, 5 flavor cake, and pretty much any flavor of ice cream!
16. I still get sad sometimes when I go down the ice cream aisle that Dreyer's quit making Dreamery Black Raspberry Avalanche (and I'm pretty sure it has been at least two years!)
17. I wonder what my children will be when they grow up! Which causes me to wonder if my parenting is always up to the challenge!
18. I love words and defenitions, but I don't use a large enough vocabulary on a daily basis. I should work on that!
19. Someday I'm going to rock climb and snow board again, when I'm not pregnant and the weather for both is good. The problem has been these event occuring simultaneously. You don't rock climb in the summer in Vegas! Or snowboard anywhere then either!
20. I would really like to know what the appeal for eating toilet paper and tissues is for Taryn. The chalk and rocks with Byron I understood a little better. I can remember thinking that they tasted good as a kid too! Did you ever lick a rock so it would smell like it just rained? Or was that just me? Paper products I just don't get!
21. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints aka. Mormon. I also love having friends of other religions--religion is fascinating!
22. I love folding laundry, but don't really care for the part where I have to put it all away!
23. Netflix has made it fun to check the mail again!
24. Homemade Italian Cream Sodas are my favorite treat right now. And sweettart hearts!
25. Being a mom is the biggest adventure of all. I feel totally out of my element at least once a month! It is in those moments that I should remember I have a strange fondess for the experience!