Thursday, August 7, 2008

Gathering the Family!

That is what I feel like I have been doing this past week! It all started by going down to Tucson, AZ to collect my adorable sister Ashley and her amazingly handsome-when-bald husband Robert!  :) He is FINALLY done at the cancer clinic, and his bone marrow transplant went well.  Now he will just have to go back for check-ups every 6 months, and when he is cancer free for 5 years we will officially say he is in remission!
Then there is Elyssa who has returned home for her "summer" from BYUi. She attended the Winter/Summer semesters and will be home until next January! On Sunday evening Kristin and her children Derek 9, Shayla 7 and Junior 1 will fly in from Houston, TX.
Now the time has past that they were here and they have headed home. Yet I still feel as if I am gathering the family! And by gathering I suppose that I also mean reconnecting. I have visited with Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, cousins and friends in person and over the internet. It has been so fun to catch up with everyone. It makes my world feel a little smaller and more connected! I think that gathering is important. We are meant to be connected and work on our relationships together. I want to know all my family members, not lose track of them. I have always felt very motivated to visit. Every member of my family and extended family has amazing things to share with me and teach me. Now I feel like I'm rambling. So, I'll be off to gather!

No comments: