So my trip to Arizona was successful! I scratched the itch, and don't feel so much like moving anymore! So that is good news, right? I really didn't want to sell my house or pack anyway! Scratching the itch was much, much easier! I even ended up being gone long enough that I am really excited to be back home! There is no place like home!
Here is the top five for the AZ trip! What is with my current list fetish? Who knows, I'll keep you posted if I figure it out!
1. Wedding reception fun and visiting! Carley's reception was beautiful! She was beautiful, and her Dylan was dashing as well! They are now Dylan and Carley Hushka! Too fun. I really enjoy that weddings are impromptu family reunions of sorts! It was so fun to see some family that I hadn't seen in a long time! Too sad, I didn't get any pictures at the reception, I think I forgot to lug my enormous camera out of the car. Sadly you don't get to ogle at the wedded bliss! (Ooooh, I'll pull a wedding picture off an email from my aunt Lori instead!)
Talk about a dream wedding on the beach. Gorgeous!
2. Staying at our 'Arizona House'. Byron has given my cousin Tonya's home this delicious title! Byron is a spoiled boy there. Playing video games and watching shows to his heart's content! Tonya's dear husband, Daniel, was the crew behind Byron's fun! Steve and I both love to visit there, hang out, chat, and the 'big boys' also enjoy their video games! Many thanks to Tonya & Daniel for providing us with an 'Arizona House'!
3. Aunt Tammy's House! aka. the party house! No really, this is where all the magic happens! Always has been! She has a pool, trampoline, two T.V. rooms (to facilitate older and younger audiences), a swing set, a merry go round, a pecan tree (do you have any idea how much fun it is to crack nuts?), a basement full of cars, dinosaurs, train tracks, a pool table and a basketball arcade game! Oh, and did I mention that this trip there was a never-ending supply of Swiss Miss Bars? Magic I tell you, pure magic! Really, the Whitings are magic. Byron said, "mom, do you know who are my two cool guys that I like?" He then pointed to my cousins Trent & Tanner! They did an awesome job babysitting Byron and Taryn while we were at the Hushka's reception. They were impressed at Byron's ability to keep himself awake! P.S. Uncle Trey was taken in for consideration, the jury is in and he is a cool guy too!
My cousin Trevor Whiting playing with Taryn and Tyler! He is so cool!
My cousin Mandy's daughter Ava Morris, devouring one of the afore mentioned Swiss Miss bars! Check out those beautiful baby blues!
4. Driving down and back with my dear aunt Marie! It was so fun to catch up and visit with her. In many ways we are two peas in a pod! I love the way she thinks, what she knows and who she is! Maurin, the 6 year old baby of Marie's family, was the best 'backseat babysitter' one could ever hope for!
The gorgeous, spunky Maurin Chase!
5. Girl time & makeovers! My mom is embarking on a new business venture called Dressing Your Truth, more about that later. She got to use her newly acquired skills to teach Grandma Jean Squires, Aunt Tammy Whiting, cousins Tonya Whiting & Mandy Morris and CIL Megan Whiting & Jenna Whiting! It was so much fun to play with them and have a good time. I got to take the class with my mom back in March and I love the information, it was amazing! They are all amazing ladies! In addition I also got to hang out with Karalee, Brittany and Aunt Marie playing and being girly! So important! I should really do it more often. It is good for the soul!
Here are Megan's before and after pictures! Hope she doesn't mind being the lucky one!